Coeur d’Alene real estate is all about the location. The city is located in Idaho, USA, that has become a popular spot for tourists due to its breathtaking views, multitude of outdoor activities, and cultural activities. The city sits on the shores of Lake Coeur d Alene. A large and beautiful lake that is in the midst of mountains and forests. The lake provides ample opportunities for boating, fishing, and other water-based activities. The surrounding forests offer numerous trails for hiking and exploring.
Coeur d’Alene has a rich history. Having been inhabited by indigenous peoples for thousands of years before being discovered by European settlers in the late 1800s. The name “Coeur d’Alene” comes from the French phrase for “heart of an awl.” A reference to the indigenous Coeur d’Alene tribe that lived in the area. The city was originally established as a mining town. But it quickly evolved into a hub for trade, transportation, and agriculture.
Today, Coeur d’Alene is a thriving city with a population of around 50,000 people. It is home to a variety of businesses, including tourism, healthcare, education, and more.
What Coeur d Alene is Known For
One of the most popular attractions in downtown Coeur d’Alene is Lake Coeur d’Alene itself. The lake is more than 20 miles long and offers numerous opportunities for boating, fishing, and other water-based activities. The lake is also home to a network of trails. Including the famous North Idaho Centennial Trail, which offers more than 40 miles of paved trail.
In addition, there are several parks located along the lake, including Independence Point Park and Tubbs Hill. These offer stunning views of the lake and the surrounding mountains.
Another popular attraction is the Coeur d’Alene Resort Golf Course. This course is consistently ranked as one of the best courses in the country. The course offers a unique combination of scenic beauty and challenging golf. Also, the course has the famous floating green. The resort also offers a variety of other amenities, including a spa, a marina, and several restaurants and bars.
Also nearby is Silverwood Theme Park, a popular amusement park located in the north Idaho town of Athol. The park was opened in 1988 and has since grown to become one of the largest theme parks in the Pacific Northwest. It features over 70 attractions, including rides, shows, and attractions for all ages. Silverwood Theme Park also has a variety of restaurants, shops, and other amenities to make for a full day of fun.
In addition to its natural beauty, Coeur d’Alene is also known for its cultural events and festivals. The city hosts a number of events throughout the year. Notably the Coeur d’Alene Art and Wine Festival, Art on the Green, and the Coeur d’Alene Ironman triathlon. These events attract visitors from all over the region and offer a glimpse into the vibrant culture of the city.
Whether you are looking for a peaceful getaway, an outdoor adventure, or a cultural experience, Coeur d’Alene is the perfect place to visit.
The Real Estate Market
The Coeur d’Alene real estate market is a strong and growing market. With demand for housing and commercial properties increasing in recent years. The city’s location and its proximity to outdoor recreation opportunities have made it an attractive place to live, work, and invest.
In terms of residential real estate, Coeur d’Alene offers a range of housing options, including single-family homes, townhouses, and apartments. The city has experienced a steady increase in home values in recent years. With prices continuing to rise due to the high demand for housing.
The commercial real estate market in Coeur d’Alene is also strong. There are a growing number of businesses and investors seeking to take advantage of the city’s growing economy and attractive location. The city is home to a variety of commercial properties, including office buildings, retail spaces, and industrial properties. The vacancy rate for commercial properties is relatively low, and rental prices are generally stable and on the rise.
Overall, the Coeur d’Alene real estate market is a dynamic and growing market. Offering a range of opportunities for investors, homebuyers, and businesses. Whether you are looking to buy a home, start a business, or invest in commercial real estate, Coeur d’Alene is a city with a lot to offer.
Outdoor Opportunities in Coeur d’Alene
The city is surrounded by mountains, forests, and lakes. Offering a wide range of outdoor activities for people of all ages and interests. Some of the most popular outdoor activities near Coeur d’Alene include:
- Hiking: There are numerous trails in the surrounding forests and mountains. There is range of hiking experiences, from leisurely walks to challenging treks.
- Boating: Lake Coeur d’Alene is a large and beautiful lake. Providing ample opportunities for boating, fishing, and other water-based activities. Around the lake you can find several marinas and boat rental facilities, as well as parks, beaches, and picnic areas.
- Fishing: Lake Coeur d’Alene is home to a variety of fish species. Including rainbow trout, kokanee salmon, and smallmouth bass, making it a popular destination for fishing. The lake has several fishing guides and charter services available for those who want to try their luck on the water.
- Skiing: The nearby Silver Mountain Resort is a popular ski and snowboarding destination. There are over 2,200 acres of skiable terrain and a variety of runs for all skill levels.
- Mountain Biking: The area around Coeur d’Alene is home to numerous mountain biking trails. This includes the famous North Idaho Centennial Trail. These trails offer a range of experiences, from leisurely rides through the forests to challenging off-road adventures.
- Camping: There are several campgrounds in the surrounding forests and mountains that offer opportunities for camping and outdoor recreation. Whether you prefer RV camping or backpacking, there is a campground near Coeur d’Alene that will suit your needs.
- Wildlife Watching: The surrounding forests and mountains are home to a variety of wildlife, including deer, elk, moose, and more. Wildlife watching is a popular activity in the area. There are several tours and guides available to help visitors experience the local wildlife.
These are just a few of the many outdoor activities available near Coeur d’Alene. With its beautiful natural setting and numerous recreation opportunities, the city is a great destination for outdoor enthusiasts of all ages and interests.
Also check out Hayden Idaho to the north or Post Falls Idaho for more real estate nearby.
Information displayed on this website on listings other than those of the website owner is displayed with permission of the Coeur d'Alene MLS and Broker/Participants of the Coeur d'Alene MLS. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers’ personal, non-commercial use, and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Information is from sources deemed reliable but is not guaranteed. Prospective buyers should verify information independently. The listing broker's offer of compensation is made only to participants of the MLS where the listing is filed.